Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Anushka on cloud nine

AnushkaAnushka couldn’t find the right place in Kollywood by the time of her debut. Soon after pairing with Madhavan in the film Rendu directed by Sundar C, she stepped into a great position at Telugu film industry and had no time for Tamil projects.

With the grand success of Arundhathi, the actress won more offers in Tamil film industry from the reigning superstars. She made her comeback through couple of films – Vijay’s Vettaikaran and Suriya’s Singam. These films yielded her best results and now she has completed shooting for Silambarasan-Bharath’s multi-starrer Vaanam, which is a remake of Telugu movie Vedam. The original version also had Anushka playing the female lead role of a sex-worker.

When asked whether isn’t she negligent towards performing such bold roles, Anushka says, “I strongly go by the views of my fans and my perception towards the characters I play. Soon after watching my film Arundhathi, many advised me not to take up the offer of Billa as it demanded for more glamour. But I took it up as a challenge and won everyone’s appreciation. The same people who didn’t want me to sign the project congratulated me saying that my decision was right.”

The actress has been now signed the bilingual film of Lingusamy titled Vettai in Tamil and in Telugu as Veta. The Tamil version has Arya playing the lead role while Mahesh Babu in Telugu. Sameera Reddy plays another female lead character in both the versions along with Anushka while Madhavan a meaty character to enact

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Host | lasik surgery new york